Most companies have implemented DevOps practices within their organization. But security practices are being identified at the end of the delivery pipeline. By this time security vulnerabilities could have been induced into your application or infrastructure. DevSecOps, which stands for Developer Security Operations helps in developing solutions with a security mindset. Its emphasis is to design software and understand the security requirements as a continuous process, sponsored by DevOps methodology. It is important to have `Security as Code` treated as a coding requirement.
This course will teach you on building an automated DevSecOps pipeline with GitHub actions. The initial part of the course will get you accustomed to various commands in Git/GitHub actions basics and YAML file syntax. Later, we will move to understand the security jargon and start building the DevSecOps pipeline by implementing DevSecOps tools for SAST/SCA/DAST, using the YAML workflow file. This course also includes a practical example to implement security in DevOps using the GitHub actions workflow file.
By the end of the course, you will be able to successfully implement the DevSecOps pipeline and be at the front of initiatives to create, build and maintain security pipelines in your organization.
What You Will Learn
- About Git and GitHub Actions. You will learn how to write workflow YAML files for running the GitHub actions pipeline
- About triggering automated triggering of GitHub actions workflow file and on-demand triggering.
- About various security terms used in this course
- Learn CI/CD pipeline creation
- How to integrate tools for SAST/DAST (OWASP ZAP)/Static code analysis. In addition to the same, how to use the Snyk tool for container scanning
- How to report security issues found in code scanning/SAST/DAST in the JIRA tool
- When you have completed this course, you will have a clear picture of DevSecOps concepts and will have a clear vision of how to incorporate DevSecOps tools in your automated build pipeline
- Basic Understanding of DevOps
Average Course Rating
Bootstrap 4 Quick Website Bootstrap Components Course
React.JS for Ecommerce: Building a Store with React.JS